Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Framed Family Monogram

Framed Family Monogram & Collage


I found five great wood frames for $1.00 each - love a great deal! One frame is slightly different and smaller than the other four, so here is what I have planed them. A framed family monogram with black & white individual family photos in the other frames, that all together will form a collage!
 

All the frames came painted white and a bit worn looking - which I like. A couple of them however looked like they where coming apart at the joints and another had some extra paint on it in two different colors. So this is what I had to do...


 With my finger, a light weight and quick drying spackling compound I filled the large cracks in the joints.


Sprayed all the frames with two coats of an off white satin finish paint.


Found a pretty and inexpensive wood G that I painted.


Cut cardboard to snugly fit the backs of the frames along with scrapbook paper for the slightly different frame.  Then glue the scrapbook paper to the front of the cardboard (the side that will show from the front
of the frame).


I put the paper backing and cardboard in first then centered the G and glued it in place.


Now all I have to do is frame the black & white photos of each family member and hang them around the monogrammed frame!

No comments:

Post a Comment