Friday, June 17, 2011

World's Best Dad




For this easy Father's Day craft I started with wood letters.  Because the letters I bought were primed, I lightly sanded them and wiped them down with a damp cloth. I then painted only the backs and sides of the letters black.
                                


I found this great vintage world map scrapbook paper, traced the letters on to it and inked the edges.
A friend & fellow blogger has me wanting to ink everything! You can check out her blog at:
http://shakentogether.blogspot.com/ 



Paint on a thin and even layer of Mod Podge to the front of each letter and adhere the paper cutouts making sure you press out all the air bubbles.  Let it dry for at least 15 minutes and paint on another thin and even layer of Mod Podge, this time to the letters.  The second layer of Mod Podge will seal and protect the paper overlay.

                                                      
With another piece of scrapbook paper (red to match the red stamp on the last D), tag maker rims, a hole punch, silver Sharpie - to finish the punch-out and a piece of black ribbon I made a luggage-like tag and hot glued it to the first D.





Now to keep this post a secret from my Hubby.  Shhhhh.....  ; )

1 comment:

  1. I love how this project turned out - the map paper is awesome and of course, I love that you INKED it!! Blog looks great :)

    keri
    pressed down, shaken together

    ReplyDelete