Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Only 6 Weeks Left!


Sonogram at about 16 weeks.


With only 6 more weeks left in my pregnancy, I am counting down the days, the hours, and the minutes.  We can’t wait to see and hold our baby boy!  The Hubby and I have gone thru names (in every combination) and thru “My” a-bit-on-the OCD side of baby name rules.  You now…

- the middle name can’t look like or sound like the first or last name
- since our last name starts with a hard G, the middle name can’t start with a hard J
- the middle name can’t start with a C, because it looks like a G
- the initials and whole name has to be esthetically pleasing
- the whole name has to flow…now I can’t explain the “flow” but I will know it flows
beautifully when I say it and hear it 
- no matter how manly sounding the name is , we are under no circumstance naming our baby Angus
- and some others

I don’t have an explanation to this madd list – but it doesn’t matter…to me it makes perfect sense.
Now that the Hubby and I have gone thru a list of names and rules and have finally decided on what to name our bundle of joy, we have yet another list to go thru.  It is a list of things that I have made up that need to be done before CRG (the bundle of joy’s initials) comes into this world.  I started the list at one end of the house (the kitchen) and ended the list in our room.   
The list goes something like this…

Kitchen
pantry
cabinet, above microwave
cabinet, below microwave

Living Room
armoire (dvd’s & games)
entry way closet
I think you get the picture.

The finishing touch to this list…

Paint
all the trim & doors

With all the lists and preparation and we still don’t have anything ready for the baby (uh oh)!  As exciting as it is to have our third (and last) we are dragging our feet on the actual "baby stuff." 

I guess with the first - well he was the First. 
The second, was our baby girl - the Diva. 
Now the third is the last - the forever Baby. 

But, since we have done this twice before already, I guess the newness has worn off.  Ha ha!  This is going to be the one that gets his toy picked right up off the dirty ground and handed right back to him (not really).

Today babycenter.com tells me I am 34 weeks pregnant with only 6 weeks to go!  CRG now weighs about 4 ¾  pounds (like your average cantaloupe) and is almost 18 inches long.

It's getting closer!  And we can't wait!  The First is going to be such a great big brother and the Diva...a great little mommy.

1 comment:

  1. I am so excited to meet your little CRG, too! He could be born into a more awesome family :) And as you know, I understand your baby name rules PERFECTLY!!

    Fun post!
    Keri

    ReplyDelete